The Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU) is a regional, member-based organization of credit unions and cooperatives in Asia. ACCU works in partnership with its members to strengthen and promote credit unions as effective instruments of socioeconomic development. Established in 1971, it provides technical assistance, training, research, and information exchange. ACCU is affiliated with the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU); International Raiffeisen Union (IRU); International Cooperative Alliance (ICA); and United Nations Bodies (eg. FAO, ILO, UNDP and others).
Since its birth on 28 April 1971 to date, we serve more than 21,947 credit unions with 38.1 million individual members in 26 countries in the region along with 34 affiliates promoting credit unionism in Asia.
Membership to ACCU is open to national credit union leagues/federations or other national cooperative financial or similar organizations that follow international credit union operating principles and with membership of at least 20,000 individuals or one percent of the population of the country where the organization operates. ACCU is affiliated with the following international organizations of credit unions/cooperatives:
- World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU)
- International Raiffeisen Union (IRU)
- International Cooperative Alliance (ICA)
- United Nations Bodies (eg. FAO, ILO, UNDP and others)
- Sustainable Credit Unions in Asia
- ACCU works in partnership with its members to strengthen and promote credit unions as effective instruments of socio-economic development of the people.
Core Values, Our Commitment to members and partners
- Dynamism: We owe our members a Dynamic Regional Organization. We will strive to expand our human resources by mobilizing competent people who can deliver value-added services to our members in a timely manner.
- Innovation: We owe our members a Leading Organization for Credit Union Innovation in Asia. ACCU will not duplicate what our members are doing. Our services will always be of value to members that use them to help achieve their own goals.
- Learning: We owe our members a Learning Organization for Credit Unions in Asia - this means ACCU will be the resource center or facilitator for credit union best practice, management tools, systems, guidelines and technology.
- Quality: We owe our members and partners the Highest Quality Service possible at all times characterized by responsiveness, accuracy, integrity and professionalism. We will always strive for quality improvement.
- Solidarity: We owe the Asian Credit Union Movement the value of Solidarity. This means our mechanisms, policies, and programs will translate this value.